According to U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) laws and the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), employers are prohibited from firing, demoting, harassing, discriminating, or otherwise “retaliating” against an employee who has participated in some sort of legal action against an employer. This means that employees throughout the state are protected by both state and federal employment laws after taking legal action against an employer.

If you have been retaliated against for taking legal action against an employer, we at Humble Law, LLC understand just how frightening this experience can be. We rely on our jobs to provide the financial means to support our families, put food on the table, and pay for basic living necessities. Every member of our legal team works to the highest standards of ethics and professionalism in our pursuit of the best possible solution for your current legal dilemma.


The Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) also provides additional protections to employees under the Whistleblower Protection Program. OSHA protects employees who have been retaliated against after reporting dangerous working conditions, reporting a work-related injury, or reporting a violation of safety statutes.

If you have been the victim of discrimination, or any form of harassment within the workplace, it is important to consult a legal professional immediately.


Employer Retaliation often occurs after specific incidents, such as:

  • Filing an accommodation request

  • Filing a complaint against your employer

  • Filing for FMLA Leave or Maternity/Paternity Leave

  • Filing a worker’s comp claim

You should contact an attorney if after a specific incident you have experienced any adverse action, such as:

  • Wrongful Termination

  • Demotion

  • Denial of pay, promotion, overtime, or pay increase

  • Intimidation, threats, or disciplinary actions


Ask An Attorney

Want Us To Represent You?

We work as a single united team and give our clients the highest quality advice possible.

Contact An Attorney