HAVE YOU BEEN WRONGFULLY TERMINATED?
In Alabama, Tennessee, and Georgia, employees work at will. This means an employee can be fired at any time and for any reason, or for no reason at all, as long as the reason for the firing is not illegal. A termination can be illegal if you:
- Were terminated as a result of job discrimination
- Have an employment contract with your employer and you were terminated in violation of this contract
- Have what’s known as an implied contract, in other words, you don’t have a written employment contract, but you and your employer have come to a verbal agreement on continued employment
- Were fired because you were a member of a union
- Were fired for refusing to work in an unsafe workplace
- Were terminated because of a pregnancy
If you have been the victim of discrimination, or any form of harassment within the workplace, it is important to consult a legal professional immediately.